Created in 2012 as part of the Conejo Recreation & Park District's 50th Anniversary, Play Conejo raises funds helping CRPD maintain quality parks and offer diverse and affordable recreation programs. To date, park improvements have primarily been funded by fees for new residential development. As new Conejo Valley housing projects slow to a trickle, so too do funds available for park improvements.
Through grants and charitable contributions, Play Conejo helps the District with funding for park improvements such as new playground equipment, restrooms, walking paths, and refreshed landscaping.
Play Conejo also supports a scholarship program to place children with limited means into recreation programs. Kids who exercise and are engaged in their community are more likely to be healthy and grow into productive, contributing members of society.
To provide volunteer, charitable, and financial support for public park facilities and recreation programs
which benefit Conejo Valley residents.
The Conejo Recreation & Park District is an award-winning recreation and park agency which:
- Maintains more than 50 parks and recreation facilities in the Conejo Valley,
- Offers thousands of recreation programs and special events annually, and
- Provides recreational opportunities for all income levels.
Through its parks and recreation programs, CRPD:
- Strengthens community image and residents' sense of belonging,
- Provides safe places for children to play, learn, and be creative,
- Creates space for seniors to be active and healthy and to continue their contribution to communities,
- Positively affects local economies by boosting quality of life, property values, and spending,
- Promotes health and wellness,
- Increases cultural and generational unity, and provides lifetime memories,
- Deters crime and anti-social behavior by engaging youths in positive alternatives for use of free time, and
- Protects natural areas providing habitat for wildlife, which improves air and water quality for all.