Registration Info & Policies
SUMMER PRIORITY (In-District) REGISTRATION begins at 9:00am on Monday, April 19.
Out-of-District Registration begins at 9:00am the following Monday, April 26.
In-District Residents: residents of Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, and the Ventura County portion of Westlake Village.
3 Easy Ways to Register for Classes & Programs
Marketing & Communications Unit
403 W Hillcrest Dr, Thousand Oaks, CA 91360
Recreation Program Guides
Program Guides are published five times a year and provide information about CRPD classes, unique programs, and special events. The digital version is posted approximately two weeks before Priority Registration begins.
*Priority Registration is for In-District residents who live in Thousand Oaks, Newbury Park, and the Ventura County side of Westlake Village.
Financial Assistance is available. If you would like to apply, please contact staff at one of our community centers.
Cancellations, Transfers & Refunds
If you need any of these services, please contact the recreation unit/community center that is sponsoring the activity and one of our staff members will take care of this for you. From the Facilities option in our navigation menu, please visit any of the community center pages, which list the specific community center/recreation unit and their contact information. In the Program Guide, the sponsoring center/unit is listed at the top of the page on which the class is listed.
Please note: Classes at White Oak Elementary School are handled by the Dos Vientos Center; classes at the Cameron Center are handled by the Thousand Oaks Center.
Activity Refund Policy
Transfers and Refunds cannot be done online. Refunds are returned to the customer in the same manner that the original registration was paid. For example, if you paid via credit card then the refund will be credited directly to your card; if you paid cash, your refund will be returned by mail within two (2) to four (4) weeks of the request. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GRANTED AFTER TWO WEEKS OF THE PROGRAM START DATE. This policy applies to all District-sponsored activities and special instruction classes.
CANCELLATIONS BY THE PARTICIPANT
A full refund will be granted if the District is notified at least two business days (Monday-Friday) prior to the start of the program activity. If you cancel within two business days of the class starting, you will be charged for the first class.
A refund will be granted on a pro-rata basis if the District is notified prior to the date of the second meeting of the activity.
- REFUNDS WILL NOT BE GRANTED AFTER THE SECOND MEETING.
- Refunds for medical reasons will be granted on a pro-rata basis subject to written certification of such reasons by a physician.
- Sports Leagues and Tournament Teams – Refunds (less cancellation fee) will be granted prior to the final confirmation of team schedule. No refund after the final schedule is posted.
- Aquatics or Teen Center Excursions – A $5 cancellation fee per person, per activity will be assessed for each class/program or excursion. The Aquatics Refund Policy has additional refund considerations.
- Day Camps – Refunds may be requested up to two weeks prior minus the $25 non-refundable/non-transferrable deposit. If less than two weeks' notice, no refund will be granted.
- Preschool and Pre-Kindergarten: A refund (less non-refundable registration fee) will be granted if District is notified at least two business days (Monday-Friday) prior to the start of program date. A refund will be granted on a prorated basis (less non-refundable registration fee) if the District is notified within two weeks after the program has started. No refunds will be granted after two weeks of the program start date.
- Afterschool Program Refunds & Cancellation by the Participant:
- A full refund will be granted if we are notified 2 business days prior to class.
- Refunds or transfers will not be granted the day of class or once a class has begun.
- Students may NOT “try out” a class.
- Refunds for medical reasons will be granted on a pro-rate basis; written verification by a physician is required.
CANCELLATIONS BY THE DISTRICT
- A full refund will be made in the event an activity is canceled by the District prior to the starting date.
- A partial refund will be made on a pro-rata basis if the activity is cancelled prior to the conclusion of the program.
We strive to provide you with the highest quality recreation activities, events, and programs. We are confident that you will enjoy these programs and back up our commitment to provide quality services. Your suggestions, comments, or ideas for improvement are appreciated.