CRPD Capital Improvement Grant Program
Actual funding for the projects will start July 2022. Applications must be submitted by May 1, 2022, and organizations must have a ready-to-go project to be evaluated. The District will evaluate all applications during May and June 2022, after which it will execute agreements with the successful organizations and then construction can start.
There are two applications:
- Non-Matching (up to $5,000 grant from the District). This will allow organizations that do not have the capacity to match District funds to participate in the program.
- Matching (minimum of $5,000 and maximum $25,000 grant from the District)
Organizations are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to contact us regarding potential projects before turning in their applications so that we can assess the feasibility of each.
Further details can be found in the applications below.
City of Thousand Oaks Community Grants
You will be pleased to know that the Community Sports Grant (CSG) will be available for 2021-22 (different name same grant).
- Application for sports - available from September 20 - October 25.
- Workshop for all grants – September 20 at 4:00pm, register at www.toaks.org/grants
- All inquiries regarding grants: firstname.lastname@example.org
If the project will be on someone else’s property (e.g., school district or park district property):
- Property Owners permission in writing is required (CRPD -Tom Hare email@example.com; CVUSD - Tim McCabe firstname.lastname@example.org)
- They may actually receive the funds to pay the contractors on your behalf.
All booster clubs must use the district 501C tax ID number and they will be your fiscal sponsor. Fiscal Sponsors will receive funds on your behalf.
Please start on submitting your project to CVUSD or CRPD for them to review early as it can take some time and you don’t all want to be doing it at the last minute.
Deadline is the deadline. We are not permitted to accept applications late.
The workshop will be on all four grants available this year: Social Service, Environmental Enhancement, Community Event, and Sports on September 20 at 4:00pm.
Please forward this to any booster club or non-profit that you think may be interested in applying. The link to sign up for the webinar is at www.toaks.org/grants