El Parque de la Paz, the Peace Park, dotted with majestic oaks, was acquired in 1986. Additional acreage and improvements were made possible through the City of Thousand Oaks Redevelopment Agency, with the 5-acre park completed in 1989. Within the park stands the Crowley House, a five-bedroom home and now historical landmark originally built in 1910 for newlyweds Frank and Mae Casey Crowley. The house was converted to a real estate sales office in the 1920s, served as a convalescent home, was the home of Louis and Kathleen Goebel, and was eventually sold to CRPD for use as the sports office beginning in the 1980s. The building’s first floor was renovated in 2015 with new flooring, kitchen, bath, and living area. Currently, it is used to enhance the Therapeutic Unit’s life skills programs as well as for the Teen Youth Outreach program. Except by permit, all alcohol possession is prohibited in this park.
The park is open daily from 7:00am – 10:00pm. For further information, call 805-495-6471 or email firstname.lastname@example.org