Wildwood Regional Park, Thousand Oaks
2017 Trail Run Results
This is the ONLY official race allowed in Wildwood Regional Park, located within the beautiful city of Thousand Oaks. The 1,765-acre park features a diverse multi-use trail system across ridgelines and into lush valleys and is home to over 250 plant species. It is also an abundant home to a variety of birds, reptiles, and animals. The stunning vistas are not to be missed! The race staging area is the Wildflower Playfields, directly across the street from Wildwood Regional Park. Proceeds from this event support the expansion of Summer Camp Opportunities and Scholarships for Youth with Special Needs.
2017 Wildwood Trail Run Sponsors
10K Description: (8:00am start)
The race will start on Avenida De Los Arboles and then head East into Wildwood Neighborhood Park. The course will narrow quickly so get your placing early. The trail drops into the bottom of the Canyon with multiple slippers stream crossings, there are small foot bridges if you would like to use them. The course was carefully crafted to show off some of Wildwood Park's finest assets, runners will pass Paradise Falls (an excellent photo opportunity), our beautiful shaded picnic areas, Skunk Hollow and the Thousand Oaks Sewage Treatment Plant (JOY!). The warm up is now over and the serious trail running begins with the ascent of Lizard Rock, a 550-foot elevation rise in a little less than a mile. The course then descends onto the Stagecoach Trail, a treacherous, rocky and steep path for about a half mile. Next, a fun excursion on the Moonridge Trail and all the stairs you would ever want to go up and down. At mile 5.3, you will realize you are back at the bottom of the canyon and will use your last mile and last bit of energy climbing Indian Creek Trail and then finally you will pass under Avenida De Los Arboles through a tunnel and into Wildflower Park for a dramatic finish.
5K Description: (8:15am start)
The race will start on Avenida De Los Arboles and then go West into Wildwood Regional Park. Across the Mesa, at approximately the 1.5-mile mark, the course turns onto the Stagecoach Trail for about a mile. This part of the trail is rocky, steep and treacherous. It would be helpful to be a mountain goat for just this section. At mile 2.7, runners will descend about 20 stair steps to the Indian Creek Trail (DUCK UNDER THE TREE) and the only shade on the course. As you enter the final half mile, you will pass under Avenida De Los Arboles through a tunnel and into Wildflower Park for a dramatic finish.
The 1-Mile Youth Trail Run: (8:45am start)
The fun race will start on Avenida De Los Arboles and then go West into Wildwood Regional Park. As you enter the park, make a left turn down the stairs onto the Indian Creek Trail (DUCK UNDER THE TREE). The trail is rough, usually dusty and always rocky so please watch your step. As you enter the final half mile, you will pass under Avenida De Los Arboles through a tunnel and into Wildflower Park for a dramatic finish.
Important Race Information
- 10K race starts at 8:00am. 5K race starts at 8:15am. One mile race starts at 8:45am.
- Online Registration ends on Thursday, June 22nd. We will be limiting registrations for safety, so register early. The race sold out in 2016 a month in advance!
- LIMITED walk-up registration begins on Friday, June 23rd between 1:00pm and 8:00pm at packet pickup at Roadrunner Sports in Newbury Park. There is NO day of registration. We expect to be full by race day and strongly suggest you register early. You must be registered for the race.
- Pre-registered runners should pick up your race packet and bibs the day before the race at Roadrunner Sports in Newbury Park between 1:00pm and 8:00pm. Their address is 1714 Newbury Road, Newbury Park, 91320. 805-375-1415.
- You must be ready to run with bib on, 30 minutes before your race is to start.
- You must pay for each race you run in.
- The 1-mile race is a youth fun race that will have chip timing; all youth who run this race will receive a special reward.
- Awards will only be given to the top three male and female runners in the 10K and 5K, per age group after all races have been run and official results have been secured.
- Please, no headphones, baby joggers, and dogs, due to safety concerns.
- Trail running places runners in uneven footing and all runners need to understand this and pay attention to the trail and to no other runners on the course. Runners must stay on trails at all times. No passing except on marked trails.
- 10K and 5K courses will be marked to assist you, along with course volunteers.
- Go to the race official website to see the course layouts, parking suggestions, and after race activities for the runners and families to enjoy.
- All staging for the race will be at Wildflower Playfield, 635 Avenida De Los Arboles, Thousand Oaks, 91360. This park is directly across the street from Wildwood Regional Park.
- There will be no refunds.
For race information, call 805-495-6471 or email email@example.com
For sponsorship information, email firstname.lastname@example.org